Award winning solar powered cob home located on a 7 acre permaculture homestead. Availability unknown (TBD).
20-40 minutes to Victoria, 12 minutes to Victoria General Hospital.
Ideal for a quiet single or couple. Not suitable for young children as there is a pond and steep slopes.
East suite is beautiful with natural finishes and full of light with a private wrap around south and east deck. Home is shared on the west side with the land owners.
Features: Solar power, Compost toilets, Grey water system, Living roof, Rain water harvesting and a well, Food producing landscape, earthen and bamboo floors, large kitchen, in suite storage, chickens and ducks (and a rooster).
Home is fragrance free with no scented personal care products as owners are chemically sensitive. We request no used clothing as they often have fragrances and with shared laundry and reusing grey water we wish to avoid toxic chemicals. We only use non-toxic cleaning products. This suite would be ideal for someone chemically sensitive.
Other details: Occasional tours in the spring and summer for small and large groups. Operate a plant nursery 1 day per week in the spring and fall.
* No clothes dryer (clothes line with a view)
* No dish washer (sink with a view)
* No bathtub (large walk in shower - no view)
* No freezer (you may wish to bring a small one)
* Energy conservation (LED lights, and energy efficient appliances)
* We are healthy eaters as we have composting toilets for resource recovery
* We have a friendly dog
* Large kitchen with lots of storage
* No wireless
* Included in rent: In floor heating, hot water, water, high speed hard wired internet, electricity, and 1 raised garden bed
* Optional use of 100 sqft outbuilding with loft is $300.
Please send email enquiry.